[orca-list] found out the issue I am having with speech-dispatcher but I need some help with how to implement this please

hello there,

I found out the problem with speech-dispatcher.  The problem is that I
am unable to find the festival host on port 1314.  here's how I came to
this conclusion:

I went in to the root accounnt which I jdisable sudo because I don't
like it.  I sued to my account as root andtyped:

telnet localhost:1314
and it said:

"Connection refused"

I am reading the speech-dispatcher docs and it says the following but I
am unsure how to implement this.  The instructions are not too clear for
me:

There is a know problem in some versions of Festival. Please make sure
that Festival server_access_list configuration variable and
your /etc/hosts.conf are set properly. server_access_list must contain
the symbolic name of your machine and this name must be defined
in /etc/hosts.conf and point to your IP address. You can test if this is
set correctly by trying to connect to the port Festival server is
running on via an ordinary telnet (by default like this: telnet
localhost 1314). If you are not rejected, it works.

Can some one help me out to understand how to set the environment
variable?  What would the symbolic name of my computer be.  Does this
mean for istance "Jade" .  Since that's the name of my computer?  I am
totally at a loss here.  Sorry if i am a bit dumb here.

Scott