Re: [orca-list] Brail display.

Both are installed and the version is latest also.
All the settings in the Braille page is also been enabled but to no
avail.
What to do next?

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 18:03 +1100, Jason White wrote:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:56:58PM +0900, balaram wrote:
What should I do to start my Supervario40 Braille display work with
Ubuntu 8.04 and Orca?

Make sure the brltty and python-brlapi packages are installed, and that brltty
is run when the system boots.

I don't know how this is configured in Ubuntu, but sudo apt-get install brltty
python-brlapi
should install it for you.

Once you have BRLTTY working at the console level, run orca (you can use orca
-t from the console, if necessary) and configure braille support.

I recommend connecting your braille display over a USB port. That way, you
won't have to specify serial parameters or configure Bluetooth to get the
display working.