Re: [orca-list] Brail display.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 03:56:58PM +0900, balaram wrote:
What should I do to start my Supervario40 Braille display work with
Ubuntu 8.04 and Orca?

Make sure the brltty and python-brlapi packages are installed, and that brltty
is run when the system boots.

I don't know how this is configured in Ubuntu, but sudo apt-get install brltty
python-brlapi
should install it for you.

Once you have BRLTTY working at the console level, run orca (you can use orca
-t from the console, if necessary) and configure braille support.

I recommend connecting your braille display over a USB port. That way, you
won't have to specify serial parameters or configure Bluetooth to get the
display working.