Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:05:58 +0530
From: Krishnakant Mane <hackingkk gmail com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] can I install orca 2.23.92 or later on hardy?

hello all,
I am planning to try out orca 2.23.92 or 2.24 on my hardy machine.
I don't want to switch to 8.10 so soon.

I am trying to install atk, gail and at-spi.
I also checked out intltool from the latest source and installed it.
But I can't get the latest svn trunk of at-spi to compile on my ubuntu
8.04.1 machine which is running 64 bit processor.
Infact I got atk, and gail to compile properly.
then at-spi gave the "can't shift that much " message when I did
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi as mentioned
on the orca home page.
Can any one suggest what I can do regarding this issue?
should I still go ahead with instaling the 23.92 version of orca?
will it it be complete?
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.