Re: [orca-list] Can command line do everything that synaptic does

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 05:23:59PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:

Ubuntu is based on debian, when I was running it on my laptop a few
months ago (now switched over to debian), I was able to do everything from
the cli... eg. upgrades, installations removals etc. So it should be
possible, I don't remember having to use sinaptic or
update-manager...

I think the additional scripts were needed to upgrade from one major release
to another, and they can be executed from the command line. I might be wrong
though. Perhaps they've fixed this with recent versions.