Re: [orca-list] would somebody from this list do somethink to find console based file manager for most Linux distros?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:45:01PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
The only two items that come to mind are Dired inside of Emacs or MC,
the Midnight Commander, which can run from a native virtual console.
MC is pretty cool but I had some issues with cursor tracking while
using speakup and that program so any elaborate processing of multiple
files becomes challenging at best.  I too would be interested in
seeing some alternatives to Nautilus.

Dired mode in Emacs works very well, but it is best used with Emacspeak rather
than with Orca.

However, I almost always find it quicker to manage files and directories from
the shell. The exception would be a directory full of files that need to be
examined, and possibly moved or deleted, individually, where there is no clue,
such as last access time, that would make them easy to identify with a shell
command. That situation doesn't occur very often.