[orca-list] Question

Hello,
Anyone who has used JFW knows that whenever you delete a bunch of characters using the backspace key, for example, the synthesizer is never behind you (I.E. it probably won't have time to tell you every character that's being deleted, but it just skips them instead of trying to talk the whole thing). When typing with orca, if I press the backspace key many times it will keep saying "backspace, backspace, backspace..." for 20 or 30 secconds, and it won't stop talking even if I press control of something else. The same goes for other things (going down very fast through a document, for example...). Is there any way of making it more responsive? I am using Espeak on Ubuntu 8:10.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ignasi