[orca-list] Newbie to this whole ordeal, and a couple of questions!

Hello,

First of all, I would like to say I'm eager to beome a member of the linux+orca community, and advance my computer skills even farther.

By doing so, I have a couple of questions.  I'm running Ubuntu V 8.04 on an HP Pavilion DV 5000 series laptop.  I'm a college student who loves to do nothing more than browse the internet in class!  I know I know, bad kid.  Anyhow, More seriously, my wireless card doesn't work.  I entered the shell and typed lspci, and was able to tell I've got a brodcom card, so it's being recognised.  I don't, however, know how to get that darn card to reach out and say welcome to the loving embracing world of the world wide web, and you don't even have a cord to do it!

Second question is, I downloaded skype, and it's on my desktop (Wired connection).  I also went to the sisadmin site, and did the tasks I had to to get my system rights...I think I did them right anyway.  But when I try to install skype after a reboot, I allowed administrative access, and I still get the loving, and frustrating, lack of no speach.  Is there an explination, or what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Tj