Re: [orca-list] I have some questions about the OpenSolaris live cd?

I forgot to answer some of the issues:
The keyboard and language menus, yes the only way I can imagine doing it would be to create a list in a text file or something. The other option occuring to me (although possibly more complicated) would be to have it possible so the user could type in their choice as an alternative to selecting from the menu. This means that so long as a list available to the user has all options it wouldn't matter what order they are in. If the typed entry doesn't match then it could make a long or double beep and return the user back to the original position (as if the CD had just booted to the menu for the first time). The acceptable options to type could follow a standard then this would help (eg. if language is really locale then I could type in en_GB at the second menu, I don't know if there is a similar standard for keyboard layout). I know this might be quite a change so may be we will have to go with list for 2008 11 and then possibly do the typing for future releases.

Any thoughts?

Michael Whapples