Re: [orca-list] OpenSolaris 2008.11 b101 rc1b available

Hi Mike:

The links I provided in the message should tell you how to do all of this. Did you have difficulty getting to the links? :-(

Will

On Nov 11, 2008, at 12:19 AM, Mike Reiser wrote:

Will,

Any instructions on how to either get into the live cd and get orca talking or how to get to the install?

Mike
aim screen name: chrchmiker.
MSN screen name: metalhead1009000 gmail com Yahoo screen name: miker19882001.
Skype screen name: miker1988

From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:31 AM
To: "Orca E-mail List" <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: [orca-list] OpenSolaris 2008.11 b101 rc1b available

Hi All:

The OpenSolaris 2008.11 b101a-rc1b release candidate ISO's have landed. These contain the bits needed to make the Live CD and installer use speech and/or magnification. As a result, and as we've heard from Josh Lambert, it is now possible to install OpenSolaris using Orca. Yeah! More information can be found at the following links:

The official announcement: http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=81895&tstart=0
The Genunix site (has ISO's): http://www.genunix.org/
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/status/accessibility/ AccessibleLiveCd/

Note that there is little we can change for the 2008.11 release, and I don't expect everyone to have the same success as Josh. With your help and feedback, however, we can definitely work to improve things for 2009.04. Please download the ISO's and give this a shot and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks!

Will