Re: [orca-list] gnome-speech from trunk on intrepid

Hi Guy:

If I recall correctly, Ubuntu provides custom /usr/bin/*-driver scripts to call the binaries. These scripts end up wrapping things up in pulseaudio and such, I think. So, what you might need to do is:

1) Copy the existing /usr/bin/*-driver scripts somewhere.
2) Make/install gnome-speech
3) Move the new /usr/bin/*-driver binaries that were built/installed as part of step #2 to /usr/bin/*-driver.bin
4) Restore the /usr/bin/*-driver scripts you saved in step #1.

I *think* that should work, but I'm not sure.

Will