Re: [orca-list] Braille display Tieman Voyager (usb-version not working in Ubuntu

Hi Michael,

I have two tieman voyagers (40 cells each), and they only have usb. They
both work fine for me.

is RUN_BRLTTY=yes in /etc/defaults/brltty?
This should tell brltty to automatically start on boot up.

anyway, you seem to say that it works if you start it by hand, but it
does not work with orca.
You need to restart orca for it to talk to the braille display
correctly.

i.e.
1. boot machine
2. log in
3. start orca
4. open gnome-terminal
5. type: sudo brltty
on my system at least, i dont have to give any command line arguments.
now brltty starts
6. close the gnome-terminal.
7. press alt+f2 and type orca -q (orca will terminate)
8. press alt+f2, and type orca and press enter
now hopefully things should work as expected.

If you varify that /etc/default/brltty has RUN_BRLTTY=yes is easier,
since you dont have to do these things every time you restart.

Let us know how it goes.

-Jon