Re: [orca-list] A few orca questions

The key stroke you want for the desktop's menu system is alt+f1.

The key stroke capslock+ctrl+space should (assuming capslock is set as
orca key) bring up the orca setting for that specific application. This
window appears very similar to the main orca preferences, but it does
differ slightly (eg. I think there is no general tab).

It may be worth you reading the document about gnome key strokes. In the
main things are close to Windows (alt+f4 closes applications, tab/shift
+tab navigates between controls, cursor keys navigate menus, list views,
etc), but there are some differences as you found out (eg. alt+f1 for
applications menu, ctrl+alt+d to jump to desktop, + and - to expand and
collapse tree view items, etc). I am sorry I don't have the URL for the
gnome document, but I am sure that a google search would find it.

Michael Whapples