Re: [orca-list] Linux Software Question

Any software needs to be designed to work on Linux for it to run on
Linux. When I say that, I mean that one of the supported platforms needs
to be Linux, quite a number of opensource applications work on multiple
platforms (eg. eclipse, python, openoffice, etc all can be run on Linux
or Windows and possibly (I am not fully sure) may even run on the mac).
Generally for running it on Linux you need to choose the Linux package
of it or even use the source code version and compile it. If the comment
about compiling software is concerning to you, don't worry most
distributions come with a package system to make installation much
easier (generally just a single command).

Michael Whapples