Re: [orca-list] [lutz kaiser gmx net: Re: Running brltty at startup with Orca.]

Jason White ha scritto:
please check /etc/default/brltty too. I believe i had to change it.
many success
Lutz

Tell him I opened it, and changed the value of the environment variable RUN_BRLTTY from noto yes. Now i can regularly have brltty up and running at startup. To learn better how these things work, i have one more question. I looked inside the script /etc/init.d/brltty and found some instruction i could not understand very well, but i think it should set to yes that variable if it is set to no. So, why the value of that variable is unchanged after the script execution at startup? To be more precise, if you remember, before i edited /etc/default/brltty, i could regularly start brltty by digiting
#brltty
at the bash prompt, while i could not have it up and running at start up.
If you want, i can post the entire script /etc/init.d/brltty.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

Fabrizio.