[orca-list] PolicyKit

Hi all,

Last week I was attending the Ubuntu Developer Summit, and we had
a session on PolicyKit with the author present. Someone in the
session said that it wasn't very clear when you had entered your
password incorrectly, as the dialog just shakes and clears the
input box. The author said this was clear enough.

I just read Rich Burridge's blog post on gnome-screensaver-dialog,
and it seems to confirm my suspicions that the policykit-gnome
dialog isn't accessible.

I'm sorry to say that I know very little about accessibility, but I
would like to help change this. I think we should try and convince
the author to change the design first, but I would like some help
putting a proposal of what should happen together first.

On top of this I would like someones idea of how accessible policykit
using applications are. Some applications (e.g. users-admin) grey out
most of the controls and place an unlock button on the dialog to make
them usable. Is it clear how the user should proceed when using orca?
Is there anything the applications could do to make it better, or is
this something that orca scripts would be written for?

Thanks,

James