Re: [orca-list] Gnome-Speech Choppiness

Gnome-speech relies on the synth to output its own speech, so it will use alsa when used with espeak and Portaudio 19.

One way around it might be to modify the latency calculation in update_output_parameters() in wave.cpp in the espeak source. There is an alternate suggested line that is commented out which should cause less glitches. It may also make it take longer to silence speech; I'm not sure if that would be noticable, but it might be worth a try. I haven't had any choppiness with espeak on this machine (I did with my old computer), but then I have a Core 2 Duo which probably masks the issue for me.

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.freeshell.org --