Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird: Orca not speaking misspelled words in spell check dialog

"David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> writes:

Hi,

When I have completed writing a message and hit control-Enter, the spell
check dialog box appears (enabled through
Edit:Preferences:Composition:Spelling). The first error is announced
when the dialog box appears.  However, once I have
corrected/ignored/added the currently selected word, Orca remains silent
as the next word is presented.  I need to use flat review mode to
determine what is the newly selected "error".

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

You're right, and this also happens in TB 2.x under Windows. However,
Jaws reads the first selected correction, and I cannot remember
whether Orca does this too. Sometimes you can conclude what's meant,
but it's annoying.
In TB under Windows I wrote a little Jaws-script that speaks the miss
spelled word when I press a certain key. I've no knowledge of Python,
but I suspect it should be easy to write such a script, since the miss
spelled word is presented in the same place on the screen.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)