[orca-list] Orca speech locking up.

Good day folks. It seems that the gnome speech and orca with my ubunto
8.04 and autogy 2 sound card hang for no reason that I am able to
determine. This is seemingly random and does not happen with specific
apps or events. The speech/music or other audio will begin to stutter
and nothing can be done to recover. The ctrl-alt-backspace will not
return me to the promised land of the login screen and a hard reset
becomes the only option. I am trusting that I am running latest gnome
and orca. the updates have been done with update manager.

Any help would be much appreciated.