Re: [orca-list] The Partitioner In The Latest Version of Ubuntu

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Earle wrote:

Daniel said that I could boot from the live CD, and bring up gparted to partition my drives.  How would I go
about
accomplishing this?  I know how to boot the live CD, and to bring ubuntu up with orca,, but how do I get into
gparted?

Well, you should launch gparted from the terminal:
sudo gparted
You will need to set up sysadmin with orca each time you boot the livecd to do this since gparted is a admin tool, please check the orca wiki for instructions on this.

I'm working on a python script to do this, but don't hold your breath, I am really busy with other things in my life so haven't had a lot of time to look at it.

Cheers,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/