Re: [orca-list] The Partitioner In The Latest Version of Ubuntu

I appreciate knowing that the partitioner is accessible. Like I said in my original post, I am new to ubuntu and Orca, so some step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. I see check boxes by each drive, and I think I also see check boxes by each partition, but I'm not exactly sure, so more help would be great. How can I actually size the partitions, and how can I make sure not to lose the partition that already has data on it?

Thanks

Earle

From: Jeffrey Shockley <jawswizard ec rr com>
To: EARL ZWICKER <e zwicker sympatico ca>
CC: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] The Partitioner In The Latest Version of Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:57:10 -0400

Hi,
The manual partitioner that the guided install that Ubuntu uses is accessible with Orca.
HTH,
Jeffrey

2008 Top Ten Finalist
Networking Concepts
North Carolina FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)
Croatan High School
Check Out my blog!
The URL is
http://jeffreyshockley.livejournal.com
Check out my website!
The URL is
http://jawswizard.googlepages.com
"You learn something new every day!"
"You can do anything if you put your mind to it!"
"It is not how we see that determines who we are. It is how we choose to see it."
--Doomed Dragon

EARL ZWICKER wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to this list, and I'm hoping to get some good information
from all of you out there.  I installed the latest version of Ubuntu last
week, and it seemed like all was well.  Yesterday, I had to reformat my
computer though, and I've now run into problems. I have put windows xp pro
on my c drive, and when I tried to install ubuntu, it came back with an
error message when I tried to choose the guided option to resize my c drive and install ubuntu. It took me into the manual partitioner, but I couldn't
figure out exactly how to use it.  Is it even usable with Orca?  Since it
won't let me install ubuntu on my c drive for some reason, I want to install to the d drive. The problem is, I have a partition of stuff on the d drive,
that I really don't want to lose.  Is it possible for me to use the
partioner without sighted help, and accomplish what I want to accomplish?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am very knew to ubuntu and Orca,
so step-by-step instructions would be helpful.

Thanks

Earle