Re: [orca-list] Resp.: Admin Features for Slackware Users

Hi Michael,
On Do, Mai 22, 2008 at 02:23:50 +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Interesting, I don't have any Defaults line uncommented in /etc/sudoers
and things work fine for me.

If everything else is certain to be correct (what I have seen seems to
be), then I am wondering if it is worth while removing the possible
problems such as the sudo command, things work fine if I switch users
with the su command to switch to root and then run something such as
network-admin.

These may seem very simple, but make sure you have the right
permissions, such as being a member of the right groups.

I guess you have the gtk_modules variable set in one of your users login
files.
My default line in sudoers keeps the gtk_modules after switching to root
user. Check this with
echo $GTK_MODULES
after su.
Regards