Re: [orca-list] Resp.: Admin Features for Slackware Users

Hi,
On Di, Mai 20, 2008 at 06:55:51 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:

I need to get some notes together on just what I did to get it all
working but I still can't get the admin method to work.  I just got
through trying to run network-admin for example from both alt-f2 and a
gnome terminal and silence both times.  When I tried it from a
terminal, it went silent as I just said so I opened up a regular
speakup console and killed network-admin and speech came right back.
So I guess I will not be doing any admin tasks from the gnome
environment.

Create a .orbitrc file under /root with the folowing content

ORBIIOPIPv4=1
ORBIIOPUNIX=0

Open a shell and run the visudo command.
You have to add
   Defaults:john env_keep=GTK_MODULES

Then you can start network-admin by typing
sudo network-admin in gnome-terminal.
HTH.
Halim