[orca-list] speech problems with orca

Janina, thanks for those pieces of helpful info.
I will keep this short and to the point.
1.  I ran test-speech and successfully had e-speak and festival speaking.
2.  as I do have sound within the console, I ran "swift -n david text blob" things
I successfully had david speaking.
I know that gnome-speech has to be built with all synths installed.  I had started
building with sources as the text on the orca download istl page had mentioned
this as a way to update to the latest access technology for gnome.
3.  I now need to solve this off track mistake that I made.  I hope that this can
be viewed as a learning process, as I personally did read a lot of info on thweb.
now, the "what needs to be done"?
1.  should I remove gnome-speech atk, gail and at-spi?
2.  should I then obtain the source packages and install using the "rpmbuild"
command that I received in your message?
I appreciate your assistance and information.
sincerely
Eric