[orca-list] orca and fc9 better news

strange things happen here.
run orca: no speech, or orca --setup prefs come up without speech
in my attempt to solve my problem I ran through test-speech and found
the following:
1.  e-speak and festival are detected and speak
2.  my cepstral voices are not being detected: I did set them up the
other night, and all went well!  They are registered
after completeing the test of speech engines, I exited with ctrl c.
Wow! Orca now speaks the gnome-terminal that I ran these items from!
Ok, what is up?
If I then go to the preferences dialog and set options then press apply,
poof! no more speech!
Hope this helps someone, cause I am still learning! Have no idea.  I
sincerely hope that this adds something helpful!
Eric