Re: [orca-list] Another Suggestion for OpenOffice/Orca Improvement

am Mo 19. Mai 2008 um 10:01:58 schrieb Jason White <jason jasonjgw net>:
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 01:03:03PM +0530, Krishnakant Mane wrote:
the only problem I see is what kind of an interface?  there will be a
big arguement between emacs lovers and vim lovers and nano, not really
behind.

And for that reason I suggest an originary OO solution.
Why adopting half a dozen keyboard handling styles, when there can be one,
easy to learn approach?
If, for example, you can set a marker with one keystroke, and then move the
cursor where you want to place it, and then perform teh operation you
want. You can use OO specific functions to navigate. Again I've to refer
to Word, but there's a function called "goto", which allows it, among
others,  to jump
certain lines. So if you want to delete x lines, check where you are, set
your marker goto the line y and press the delete key, that's all. Is it that
unscientific?
Hermann