Re: [orca-list] Utility of documenting Thunderbird bugs

Hi David, et al,

David E. Price wrote:
A question for the Orca developers.  Is it worth spending time
documenting bugs in Thunderbird, given its early stage of development?

There have been a bunch of changes over the past few days that add
proper labelling to radio groups, textbox and other controls where
appropriate. This is inside Thunderbird, not Orca. This effort is still
ongoing, with one of the major areas still missing being the
Edit/Preferences dialog and its various pages.

In other words, if I document a bunch of bugs, are you folks likely to
act on fixing them, given the probability that future development might
undo the effort you put in now?
It depends on the bug you find. If it is one of the above where Orca
says "text" without a label, or giving a radio button without more
context, this is likely going to be fixed very soon.

Also, we are already aware of some areas where keyboard navigation is
problematic.

So to best be able to filter by Mozilla bug versus Orca bug, it may be
best to post your findings to the list first so I can respond by stating
whether this is something that we are already aware of and can fix it in
Thunderbird, or if this is something we might need to work with the Orca
dev team to solve.

I'll let the list know when the rest of the checkins for missing labels
etc. have happened so serious testing can then begin with the then
current a2pre build of Thunderbird 3.

Thanks!
Marco