Re: [orca-list] suggestions for openoffice/orca improvements

am Sa 17. Mai 2008 um 16:42:57 schrieb Janina Sajka <janina rednote net>:
David E. Price writes:
... for speech output, I would suggest two things.  First, the current
page numbershould always be available through "where am I" if that is
the method for reading the status line. Second, I would suggest that,
when the user is crossing a page boundary, the number of the page
being entered is read before the content of that line.   For instance,
if the sentence "orca is a screen reader that works well with many
gnome applications." spanned the page break between pages 1 and 2,
with the page break occurring between "works" and "well", the user
reading downwards would hear:

Orca is a screen reader that works

page 2 well with many gnome applications.

And what would Orca do when page 2 has a header block? For that matter,
what would it do when page 1 has a footer block?

Simply ignore it.
Don't know exactly how OO handles headers/footers, but from MS Word I know
that one can activate/deactivate them.
So when you read a text, and you want to know its exact formatting
including page breaks, it's sufficent to hear where this breaks are.
Hermann
PS.: Is the change of columns on a multi column page announced in OO? If
not, I would suggest doing so.