Re: [orca-list] Orca preferences suggestion

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Chris Norman wrote:

If you start orca without brltty, then launch brltty, you then need to
either reload orca, or go into it's settings, and then hit the ok
button. Reloading orca means that the window pops up moving you out of

Hitting ok in the preferences is the same as using alt+f2 and typing orca.
There is no point using the preferences to do this, pressing alt f2 and typing orca is far quicker. Also this may be hard to do, since when orca is killed I assume its code isn't ran anymore.
So how would you start it again?
Unless we have some auto-brltty-detection or something in orca so when brltty starts orca picks it up and starts braille. I guess with my last comment about the orca code, the orca preferences can do this, so yes, you probably could have a hotkey to do this I guess.

But really, why not get brltty to start at boot time or start it before you use orca?
And is having to restart orca once or twice a big problem.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>