Re: [orca-list] OT, any command for turning off monitor display?

Hi,

If your hardware is supported, you can do this using the xbacklight
package.

sudo apt-get install xbacklight

then:
xbacklight -set 100 # sets your screen to maximum brightness.
xbacklight -set 10 # sets 10 % of maximum brightness.
xbacklight -set 0 # blackens the screen.

Hope this helps.

-Jon