Re: [orca-list] OT: The problem with unwanted background processes in Gutsy gets more serious

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:39:11PM +0200, Hermann wrote:
Hi,
now I did all operations suggested by Jason. For the result see
attachment.

I would suspect mandb (and any other jobs started in /etc/cron.daily by
anacron. In particular, I notice you have multiple instances of mandb running,
which is odd. Further, mandb and locate and other such cron jobs are going to
cause a lot of disk i/o, which is what your system is encountering.

That, at least, is how it looks to me. If it's a slow hard drive this would
also help to explain what is happening.

As the problem is disk i/o, it isn't Orca-related and I would suggest taking
it up on a mailing list related to your Linux distribution.