Re: [orca-list] Alsa vs Pulse audio

Pulseaudio can change devices on-the-fly and can be set to use different
devices for different applications that produce sound. Furthermore,
pulseaudio can mix sounds on the same device with lower latency than the
dmix alsa plugin. There are other advantages as well, such as the xbell
module that diverts a PC speaker beep to a sound played through a sound
card similar to the Windows system beep sound. This is just an overview,
so I would suggest going to the pulseaudio web site for further
information, especially since I can only speak for the particular
features I use most frequently.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo