Re: [orca-list] python-pyatspi package in ubuntu hardy

Luke,
Your suggestions worked great for installing python-pyatspi.
Now I have a problem with python-speechd.  Here's the error:

Preparing to replace python-speechd 0.6.5-1ubuntu4~ppa2 (using
.../python-speec
d_0.6.6-0ubuntu5_all.deb) ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pycentral", line 1702, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/pycentral", line 1696, in main
    rv = action.run(global_options)
  File "/usr/bin/pycentral", line 1181, in run
    old_pkg.read_version_info()
  File "/usr/bin/pycentral", line 642, in read_version_info
    self.version_info = pyversions.parse_versions(self.version_field)
  File "/usr/share/pycentral-data/pyversions.py", line 61, in
parse_versions
    raise ValueError, 'error parsing Python-Version attribute'
ValueError: error parsing Python-Version attribute
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/python-speechd_0.6.6-0ubuntu5_al
.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
 /var/cache/apt/archives/python-speechd_0.6.6-0ubuntu5_all.deb

pycentral seems to be looking for some version info.  I could probably
force the install by removing the postinst script from
/var/lib/dpkg/info, but I'd rather follow this through to get a clean
install.

The files for python-speechd have been copied into
/usr/share/pycentral...

I have a question about the location of the python files.  pyatspi files
are in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages whereas the ones for
python-speechd are under /usr/share/pycentral.  What the reason for
this?

Thanks for your help
Chris