From: Scott Haeger [mailto:scott bashautomation com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 1:04 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Link navigatin broken, and no speed up

It is very easy to make a mistake at installing at-spi.  I use the
following line during the autogen step on an Ubuntu system:
./autogen.sh --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/usr
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi
One of the common mistakes is not using the proper --libexecdir flag and
ending up with two versions of at-spi installed.  Here are some of the
steps I would take:

1) use "ps aux | grep at-spi" to determine if only one instance of
at-spi is running.
2) use "locate at-spi-registryd" to see how many different install
locations you have (ignore build locations).  You should only have one.

I don't know beyond that.  Maybe another community member can fill in
any gaps that I may have.

Scott