Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher 0.6.6, Ubuntu Hardy and pulseaudio

You will want to remove /etc/profile.d/ Then you
should be able to get speech-dispatcher to run as a user. This is some
kind of permission problem or something in the package. I'm not sure
what the actual problem is, I was only told how to fix it and it works.
You will also want to do

mkdir -p ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf
cp -R /etc/speech-dispatcher/* ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf

and customize your ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf and
~/.speech-dispatcher/conf/modules/espeak.conf to your liking.

As far as getting speech-dispatcher to run using pulseaudio, you just
need to set the output in your

Make a change. Make a difference.
Obama for America: our time has come!