Re: [orca-list] Text attributes

Hi

Willie Walker wrote:
It should work with gedit, though. Can you try updating to a newer
version of Orca? It would be ideal if you could work with the latest
stuff if possible.

Yes, I'd really like to update to the latest version but was wondering
about some instructions in the readme file of the orca package saying
one should just install the orca version according to his desktop
version. So I thought if I am using gutsy I can only use 2.20.x, wrong?
Of course it would be nice to always use the latest stuff ... and
always make use of the newest features / bugfixes etc..

Getting to Hardy would be good if you could. From there, you can
semi-reliably update to the latest Orca code.

OK this is quite obvious :-) I just was not to sure if one can use for example orca 2.22.x with gutsy - but this obviously is not the case... I just waited to switch to hardy because I am reading so many things about speech problems in here... And for that reason I am not to sure, if my voxin will still work. I think I remember a wiky or blog or something saying it wount work undr hardy. This would be really anoying because all the other german translations are hard to understand ...

But ok, I'll give it a try on a test pc and see, what the results are. And if it works fine with my prefered voices I'll of course also switch my "usual" pc to hardy too.

I'll also try another braille display this evening and see, if there are no attributes too. Perhaps there is some problem with the display. Because you said the attributes support was added in version 2.19.5 ... So usually it should work... We'll see ...

Thanks and regards - Jann

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de