[orca-list] orca dies after logging on to gizmo

Hello all,

Just downloaded and installed gizmo5 as someone said it was accessible under linux. After entering my login info, and pressing continue, gizmo plays the log on sound and orca completely dies. Pressing altF4 to exit and running orca from the run dialogue does nothing. I have to restart the session with control alt backspace inorder to get the session back. This is with orca 2.23.3 and both ibm viavoice and espeak under ubuntu 8.04. Just thought I'd report this. Thanks,

Mike