Re: [orca-list] Making espeak go faster

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Luke Yelavich wrote:

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 06:33:50PM EST, Garrett Klein wrote:
1. Open a gnome-terminal
2. Type the following
echo <control-v> <control-a>390S <enter>
This will get you faster speech with espeak under gnome-speech for the
duration of your orca session.

Note that this shouldn't be needed for Ubuntu users, as the Ubuntu gnome-speech package has been patched to
make use of espeak's fastest rate. This is not in upstream gnome-speech yet, but will be very shortly. If you
built gnome-speech from source for Ubuntu, please note that unless you used the source Ubuntu package, you
likely do not have the espeak driver patched to use espeak's fastest rate.

Hi, Luke. If you point me to the patch, I'll rebuild gnome-speech and update the Speakup Modified Fedora disks with it.

          Thanks.

--
          Bill in Denver