Re: [orca-list] Fedora and orca

Hello Janina,

When I speak about audio and orca in fedora I mean I'm not able to play
a cd, or mp3 on my computer and hear speech at hte same time. I disabled
pulse audio in the line specified at speakupmotified.org
in /etc/alsa/alsa.conf
However, I am mnot able to accomplish speechh and audio at the same
time. When I'm using pidgign, I hear sounds, but orca's speech is
interrupted.

When I download the speakup connector, it says to copy the make file in
a directory which does not come to memory as of now. so I'm asuming I
don't have to do anything with the make file, just copy it in the
correct directory. After doing this, I would edit the grub file and set
speakup to start up automatically with the software synth by adding
sftsyn then reboot and expect it to work. I installed the 32 bit version
of Fedora on my system.

Alonzo