Re: [orca-list] odd sysadmin behaviour

Hi All:

There's some confusion about the ~/.orbitrc file for a regular (non-root) user. A ~/.orbitrc file with the contents specified is what is needed for the Java access bridge to communicate via CORBA and AT-SPI. You can read more about ORBIIOPIPv4 at http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html.

Will

i have some odd behaviour of orca with sysadmin stuff: i have a
.orbitrc file in my users home directory containing just the line
ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Why is it there? Delete it, because it shouldn't be there, and it is
incomplete.

Because it is told on the Orca / JABG page to setup this file. Even if it seems a litle bit strange to me i just set this file up ... But if it is not neccessary or even a problem i of course will remove it.