Re: [orca-list] Preparing orca installation for patch testing

Then type:
./autogen.sh --prefix=[pathtoyourtestingdirectory]
make
sudo make install

If you then type the complete path to the newly installed Orca (e.g., /usr/local/bin/orca), the Orca startup script should hopefully resolve the PYTHONPATH and all that wonderful stuff.

Note: There's one thing I cannot explain by heart. You're using the same
config setting stored in ~/.orca. I think there is a way to avoid this,
either by specifying a different path in ./autogen.sh, or perhaps there's a startup parameter by Orca.

From "orca --help":

-u, --user-prefs-dir=dirname Use alternate directory for user preferences

Hope this helps!

Will

PS - Jason -- you are "famous", not "infamous". :-) The care you take and the professionalism you demonstrate makes our lives easier. Many thanks!