[orca-list] Preparing orca installation for patch testing

I've discussed this on the Debian-accessibility list recently, but I would
like to ask here before I set it up.

I am by now well known (should that be infamous?) among Orca developers for
submitting bug reports. I would like to be more active in testing patches,
however.

I currently have Orca installed from the Debian package. I also have a checked
out copy of the Subversion sources under my home directory that isn't being
used at the moment (except for reading source code when I need to).

Is it possible to switch between two separate installations of Orca on a
single system by modifying PATH and PYTHONPATH environment variables
appropriately? QipThe problem is
that I need to get work done on this machine, and therefore may have to switch
to a more stable version of Orca if there are problems with the svn version at
any point. If this can be done without re-installing, it would be more
convenient.