Re: [orca-list] CVS Frontend

Having a look online, it appears that most CVS frontends are quite old
and I found one website which was saying that gcvs uses gtk 1.0 (which
would relate to what you got from orca). Some of the others seem to use
QT and other toolkits not really of use with orca. The only graphical
frontend I know that can be used with orca is the eclipse CVS plugin (I
don't know if this limits you only to projects your developing in
eclipse.

Have you considered looking at other version control systems as CVS is
quite poor in comparison to some of the newer ones? SVN is a newer
system along the same line as CVS (client server design), but some
(myself included) feel this can be limited and that the distributed VCs
are better (eg. Mercurial, git, bazar, etc). My decission is going on
the side of mercurial, but git seems very good (if you don't want really
good windows support at the moment, mercurial I think is better with
windows from what I read). Both git and mercurial are used by some big
project (git for the Linux kernel, mercurial by mozilla). From what I
understand bazar is mainly used by ubuntu. I know there are certainly
eclipse plugins for mercurial and git.

If you want to stick with CVS (or may be even with the newer ones) you
may do better by learning about the command line useage of the tools,
this is guaranteed to be accessible.

Michael Whapples