Re: [orca-list] Still issues with the navigation extension in FF

Hi Rich.

Regarding this issue:

The whole list is spoken automatically, which isn't solved too.

I both set focus to, as well as select the first element in the links list
(or headings list).  This may be causing orca to read the list (not sure
why).  I will look into this soon.

If you haven't done so already, you can get a full debug.out and see
what event is triggering it.

As for this one:

When typing the first letter to search for a certain link, Orca uses
structural navigation keys, so every keystroke has to be bypassed.
Is there a way to tell the extension to not use the structural
navigation mode of Orca?

How does orca handle this at present?

We look to see where we are.  If we are in (or, more accurately, think
we're in) document content and are not in a form field within that
content, we assume it's safe to let structural navigation kick in.
So.... The extension shouldn't be telling Orca not to use structural
navigation; Orca should be identifying that it shouldn't be using it.

I suspect what is going on is that Orca is intentionally deciding to not
set the locusOfFocus to your dialog based on the events we're getting
and/or the hierarchy of the dialog. That's not to say that we're getting
the wrong events or the hierarchy is flawed, but rather that the events
we're getting and/or the hierarchy in which we're getting them might
look a lot like some other scenario that we're trying to avoid.  But
I'll need to actually see the issue taking place to know for certain.

I'm sure if I search around, I'll find a message with the link to the
latest version of the extension.  But if you send me that info directly,
I'll look at it even soon. <smile>

Thanks!  And thanks for doing the extension work!  Take care.
--Joanie