Re: [orca-list] Still issues with the navigation extension in FF

Paul Hunt wrote:
As far as conflicts with navigation keys when using the extension goes;

wouldn't it be simpler just to reassign the navigation keys to
keystrokes that use a modifier key e.g orca + H for next heading? It
makes more sense to use modifier keys with the alphanumeric keys for
navigation anyway because it avoids conflicts when you're trying to
enter text or change a combo box selection etc.

I don't think so, because you always have to keep a key down in order to navigate by pressing another key. The chosen way is more convenient. The only way to use such alternatives with convenience would be the implementation of a feature called "sticky keys", known in Firevox. You would be able to lock the Orca key by pressing the "sticky key" key. Pressing it again releases the Orca key.
However I'm not sure whether we really want this?
Hermann