Re: [orca-list] Still issues with the navigation extension in FF

As far as conflicts with navigation keys when using the extension goes;

wouldn't it be simpler just to reassign the navigation keys to keystrokes that use a modifier key e.g orca + H for next heading? It makes more sense to use modifier keys with the alphanumeric keys for navigation anyway because it avoids conflicts when you're trying to enter text or change a combo box selection etc.

Paul

Hermann wrote:
Hi,
there are still some unsolved issues with Rich Caloggeros navigation extension:
The links list is still loaded very slowly, especially on large pages.
The whole list is spoken automatically, which isn't solved too.
When typing the first letter to search for a certain link, Orca uses structural navigation keys, so every keystroke has to be bypassed. I can use the search box, but when I know that there's a certain link beginning with a certain letter, I would prefer to just type this letter. If it's unfortunately an Orca navigation key, I get a conflict. Is there a way to tell the extension to not use the structural navigation mode of Orca?
Hermann