Re: [orca-list] The tab bar in FF3

"David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> writes:

Hi, Hermann,

I'm not quite sure what you are requesting here.  Are you looking for
a hot-key that will read all of the titles in the tabs without moving
focus to the tabs? Or, do you want a hot-key to move focus to the
tabs?

What's the difference? I want to get all open tabs listed, so that I'm
able to choose one and move focus to it.

I use control-page-up and control-page-down to cycle through the tabs
(each one is read as it gains focus), and my location is maintained
on each page (in other words, I can start reading from where I left
off when I return to any given page).  The result is that, if I want
to review the tabs I have open, I just cycle through them using
control-page-up or control-page-down--if you reach the last tab, the
next key press will cycle you up to the first tab.  At times I have 10
to 20 tabs open, and I can manage all of them without any problems
using these keys.

That's what I doubt. What if you want to jump to a certain tab, but you
don't know its name exactly, nor do you know its possition. There are
also the hotkeys control+1-0 to choose a specific tab, but you see the
same problem. And what happens if you have opened 20 tabs or more?
(Although I wouldn't recommend that, because this can slow down FF).
Perhaps it is possible to include this into the navigation extension?
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.