Re: [orca-list] HTML nevigation in evolution

Hi Aruni.

Hello, I have noticed that structural nevigation doesn't work for html
mails in evolution. any hints?

Two things need to occur in order for structural navigation to be
implemented for an application:

1. Orca's script for that application needs to implement that support.

2. The application needs to expose *something* to us by which we can
   reliably identify a particular item as being of a particular type,
   such as a heading or a list item.

On the first front, the recent structural navigation refactor should
make it relatively easy for us to do our part, as long as the
application developers have done theirs. So I just took a look at what
Evolution is exposing to us.  Sadly it's not much. My test message
included lists, headings, paragraphs, and preformatted text.  Everything
was exposed to us as ROLE_TEXT, so we cannot use the accessible role.
These objects did not expose any object attributes, so we can't go that
route.  These objects didn't expose a paragraph style (like "Heading 1")
we could use.  In fact, the only text attributes I'm seeing exposed are
font size, weight, and face.  An item might have those properties
because it is, for example, an HTML heading; or it might have those
properties because chose to change the size, weight, and face.

In light of this, I don't see how we can implement structural navigation
for HTML messages in Evolution. :-(

--Joanie