Re: [orca-list] Email Usage question

I personally prefer top posting because it is the most relevant at the
time and I do use speech (Orca in this case) and I don't wanna have to
scroll down through 80 lines of quoted history to find a single line
saying "Me too" or "Same here" or whatever.  I've heard other
discussions that claim that bottom postings are "More polite and
proper" but I'm really not sure of the basis for such claims.  One
thing though, I use mutt, a really cool text based mail client and it
features a key to skip all quoted stuff and position me on the
beginning of any new content.  I can't think of any other mailers that
sport such a feature.  So I think it is a matter of personal choice
but in this case, the decision of personal choice affects others who
read the stuff.

Now integrating your reply into the middle of the quoted text is
perfect for answering multiple questions.

You said someone thought screen reader users would prefer bottom
posting, well, I would think just the opposite; when a message is
popped up, you begin reading from the top.  I would think most users
of screen readers and such would want to hear the post strait away and
not have to sort out all the previous stuff as I had described
earlier.  In any case, I would hope people would clean up the previous
quoted junk and trim it down to reason - maybe the last one or two
much easier to read regardless of top or bottom posting.

Hope this makes sense.