Re: [orca-list] fixing modules for speech-dispatcher

michael weaver wrote:
i even tried reconfiguhing the sound drivers using the gnome
preferences sound menu in ubuntu but still no joy when i changed
the setting from autoaudio or whatever it is by default.

Hello Michael, I'm not sure what was the purpose of this, but if you
want to switch the output method of Speech Dispatcher modules, you just
change this in /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf and/or other
files in the same directory depending on which modules you use.  See the
file for comments.  I'd recomment trying OSS first.  Then restart speech
dispatcher and try spd-say.  OSS has some limitations, but we will at
least see if it works.  Regards, Tomas